Friday, June 23, 2023

Saturday 9

 

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over (1991)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Lenny Kravitz sings about all the tears he's cried over this relationship. Scientists theorize that human tears fall into two categories: emotional and irritant. "Emotional tears" are most often shed over physical pain, empathy, compassion, depression, and anger/frustration. Think about the last time you cried. What triggered your tears?
I cry at everything.  The last time I cried real tears running down my cheeks was at something emotional on America's Got Talent.

2) We also cry "irritant tears," which means we well up when a foreign particle gets in our eye. Over-the-counter drops can help. What's the last thing you bought at the drugstore? Was it a medication (OTC or prescription) or something else entirely?
I can't remember the last time I was at a drug store.  But since I get my prescriptions through Kaiser, it would have been "something else entirely."

3) TV actresses have played a big part in Lenny Kravitz' life. His mother was Roxie Roker, who played the neighbor Helen on The Jeffersons. His wife (and the inspiration for this song) was Lisa Bonet, who played one of the daughters on The Cosby Show. Their daughter, Zoe Kravitz, appeared in the HBO series Big Little Lies. What TV series do you never tire of, and could watch again and again
Criminal Minds, NCIS, Monk.  I watch these all the time since they are all on marathons.

4) Thinking of Big Little Lies ... Zoe Kravitz co-starred with Nicole Kidman. Shortly after Kidman divorced Tom Cruise, she dated Lenny Kravitz. Have you ever been curious about a partner's past love?
No.

5) Lenny Kravitz and Today Show weatherman Al Roker are second cousins (their grandfathers were brothers). Do you turn to a TV weatherman for the forecast? Or do you check a website or app?
Both, actually.  I pay attention to the TV weather, but I also check the weather app on my phone when I want to find out the temperature outside (since I'm in the house and there is air conditioning here)

6) Also a talented photographer, Lenny's work has been displayed at the Leica Gallery in Wetzlar, Germany. What's the most recent photo you took

A page I just decorated for
the journal I'm making

7) In 1991, when this song was popular, Murray Bicycles were the top seller among younger set. Popularity is fleeting, though. By 2004, the company filed for bankruptcy and no longer produces bicycles. Was your bike a big part of your summer when you were a kid?
In San Francisco, biking was often difficult because of the hills, but we rented bikes to ride through Golden Gate Park.  I also rode bikes to the playground because it wasn't too hilly.

8) Also in 1991, Gene Roddenberry died. Mr. Roddenberry is best known as the creator of Star Trek. Who's your favorite Star Trek character?
Spock!

9) Random Question: How do you think your high school classmates remember you?
They probably remember that I was the yearbook editor and that the yearbooks didn't arrive until after graduation!

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



This red thing gets filled with treats.
Bubba carries it around everywhere.   

8329  

5 comments:

  1. I stop by Walgreens or CVS several times a week. In fact, I expect to go this weekend for paper towels. It's closer than the grocery store and cheaper than 7/11. I can't imagine not running over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journal page is lovely! It makes me want to get back to journaling. I've done it all my life but for some reason have dropped it since I began my current job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely journal page. I need to go back to journaling. I stopped doing it some time ago. I have all of these empty notebooks. I should fill them up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Monk! Such and interesting character. Your little dog is very cute and darling. Journaling is something I used to do. Now I'd rather just muse and leave it in the ether...

    ReplyDelete

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...