Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Strange Day

 Ned came into my office to let me know that dinner was ready.  I couldn't believe it was 6 p.m. already. I had been working so hard all day, except for a break for my afternoon nap.  And I hadn't answered a single one of the pile of letters I have received in the past couple of days.

What was I doing?  It's hard to say.  I was in two swaps on SwapBot, a "blue letter" and a "pink letter."  Each letter needed to have that color predominate and then a 2 page letters talking about yourself.  I had blue paper and pink paper and  tons of blue and pink stickers so I got both letters written and decorated and the envelopes decorated, but each took a long time.

My friend Steve Schalchlin was interviewed on his brother's podcast, so I went and found the podcast and then listened to the interview, which was such fun.

I also was supposed to write a letter about desserts for a swap from the League of Extraordinary Pen Pals.  That was fun to write and took time because I decorated the letters and the envelope with stickers of sweets.  The topic reminded me of what my all time favorite dessert was, which was a chocolate cream roll that my mother used to make. 


It was a chocolate sheet cake that my mother baked.  Then she cut off the hard edges, which she gave to my sister and me to eat.  She rolled the cake up in a towel and waited for it to cool.  When it was cool, she unrolled it and filled it with whipped cream.  I've seen recipes for this before and they seem to use some sort of custard, but my other used whipped cream.  Then she frosted it with a bittersweet chocolate frosting, another recipe I've never been able to duplicate.  Anyway, that was my all time favorite dessert. 

I also told the pumpkin pie story, which makes pumpkin pie a favorite too.

After my nap, I listened to Ned's show, which I always do on Tuesdays.

One of the pieces of mail I received today had a small note on it with a graphic I loved.


I decided I wanted to make return address labels using it, but it involved editing.  That would have taken no time at all with PhotoShop, which I no longer have.  I was able to edit it using Photopea, which is a photo image software I'm using, but there seems to be NO WAY I can save the edited photo so I had to find a way to copy it and then send it to myself so I could use it.  Took a ridiculous amount of time, but I ultimately got a sheet of return address labels printed.

And then I got a bunch of mail to go through.  That envelope I printed as Photo of the Day was filled with wonderful things that I can use for journals.

I also got two Compassion letters.  Most Compassion letters are short and really don't say much, but both of these were from kids who write in English and write long letters and talk about their lives. Both kids are in Kenya and it was such fun to read their letters and then answer them.

Just so many little things happening.  I thought I would be sleepy and go right to sleep.  I've been sleeping great, getting 6-8 hours of sleep for the last several days, but I had too much jumping around in my brain to get to sleep at 10, which is when I have started going to sleep, so I got up to check email and Facebook and write this entry.  Now it's after midnight, I can post my 1SE video and solve today's Wordle and then try sleeping again.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



This is an amazing envelope I received today.


8333  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...