Sunday, April 21, 2024

25 years

So the 20th was the 25th anniversary of Paul's death.  My lord...can it possibly be 25 years?  Next month it will be 28 years for David.  David has been dead longer than he was alive, Paul almost so.  


They have been gone so long that I almost forgot today was Paul's anniversary, but I eventually put on my smiley face earrings and we plan to have sushi for dinner.


Paul would be happy...sort of.  After David died, he explained that we never talked about my sister Karen (who died in 1971) and that he wanted to be sure that nobody forgets David, so he did a whole show about David and wrote a song about him.  Since both kids have been dead, we have discussed them all the time.  There will be a Paul picnic in a few weeks, hosted by his best friend.  Lawsuit music is frequently played on Ned's radio show. Both are on Facebook all the time and while the family is alive, there is little chance that either of them will be "forgotten" like Paul felt Karen was. 

(I used to call my mother every year on the anniversary of Karen's death and I forget how many years it was after her death when my mother forgot what the date was.)

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY

this is a display Lacie made
about different ingredients in cookies

8576

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bob Dunning

Bob Dunning has been a columnist for the Davis Enterprise  for 55 years.  He was the longest running columnist in the country .  He started ...