Sunday, April 28, 2024

Yum

 Ned is the caregiver for a building that is owned by the volunteer fire department.  We went there a month or so ago when they had a pancake breakfast.  Today was a flea market and Ned suggested Walt and I come out and have lunch, because his friend Jon (one of the volunteers) was selling bbq tri tip sandwiches.

It's a beautiful day and as we drove out, I took out my cell phone to continue to read the book I am almost finished with and then thought how silly it was to be reading when I almost never get a chance to see the area around Davis these days and I should just look at the scenery.  And it was beautiful.  I look at all the trees and am reminded that my mother often commented on how many shades of green there are.  It's true.  Look at a bunch of trees and see how many colors you can see.  

There were beautiful fields of what look like mustard--bright yellow.  And as we got near the fire department building, there were beautiful pink roses in a long line.  It was a gorgeous drive and I'm glad I enjoyed it instead of reading.

We went out in two cars, because Ned was going to have to stay and get things cleaned up.  He got me out of the car and to a table while Walt parked the car.  Ned went and got sandwiches for us to have.  They were delicious.  Mine came with lots of onions, Walt's did not have onions.

I  talked with a nice guy about the flea market (his first time there...he said he's been seeing the signs and finally decided to check it out).  I asked if he was from Davis and he said he was from Woodland and talked about problems with the city of Woodland.  I mentioned that I really only go there for the theater (the Woodland Opera House is wonderful).

He said he's often thought about going to a production at the opera house and I told him I had been a theater critic and recommended that he try out a production.  I hope he does.

We came home in time for me to take my nap (I slept 2 hours) and as I write this it is 6 p.m.  We agreed that we just wanted to snack for dinner.  Ned has warmed up the leftover quiche he made earlier this week and as I think of it, I realize that there is no way I want anything to eat.  I'm still full from lunch.

But it sure was a delicious lunch.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY



8583

No comments:

Post a Comment

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...