Wednesday, April 24, 2024

very sad

There are days when I feel very old...and very sad. Today is one of those days.  I just heard from the husband of a friend, who says that she is "living with some lost memory and time functionality due to strokes."  We are the same age and we worked on two big projects together for many years.  We used to stay in touch more often, but then her kids started giving her grandchildren and she became a care giver and didn't have as much time to stay in touch, so it's been awhile since I've heard from her.  I was surprised that she didn't mention that I sent her birthday greetings, which I always do.  Now I know why.  She probably never saw them.

I can't believe how sad this makes me.  She's an amazingly intelligent person and it hurts to think of her with memory loss. 

Then I heard on the news about someone famous who died.  He was 81.  I am feeling very old.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY

Our new puzzle came
with a stand for the box

8579

No comments:

Post a Comment

Postcrossing

I'm getting into Postcrossing.  I just received statistics for my work in April.   I sent postcards to Germany (4), U.S.A.(2), Taiwan (2...