Thursday, April 25, 2024

Strange day

Tomorrow is Jeri's birthday and we had a cake sent to her, which she got yesterday.  It came in a box filled with butterflies which flew out when she opened the box (Photo of the Day).  It was fun.

I spent most of the morning glued to the TV, listening to the arguments before the Supreme Court re presidential immunity.  They now have to decide what they are going to do.  I'm sure what they going to be aware of in making a decision is that not only will it affect all the court casts he is currently going through, but should he be elected, it will affect how he governs for the next 4 years. Imagine if they officially give him immunity...what he could do...

Not only was I "watching" the Supreme Court, but on my TV screen on the right in a column was reports coming from Trump's trial in New York, and then I got a headline about Trump losing his appeal for a new trial in the E, Jean Carroll case and that he must pay the $83 million. This is the man people want back in the White House???

In the late morning, I had a dental appointment. I used to really enjoy going to the dentist because I got to visit Cindy (my long time friend) and my hygienist and I had been together for many years. Now Cindy has retired, everybody in the office wears masks so I don't have a clue who is talking to me, there are no name tags so you can't even check to see who should be working on you. The exam is different. The new dentist spent lots of money installing TV sets for people to watch while they are working on them, but I've never seen any of them working--and the one time they tried for me, it can't go high enough so that I can actually see it. Now they want you to pay at the time of your visit, so I had to tell Walt to come into the office when he came to get me because Ned has my credit card.

The exam went well but they put fluoride on my teeth, which means nothing hot for 6 hours (so I couldn't go home and finish my coffee!) and hours later, the taste is still in my mouth.

I turned on the TV to watch so I could nap, but there was no sound...a problem we are having periodically. So I turned off the TV and read for awhile, then turned the TV on again and there was sound, so I was able to put on Criminal Minds and fall asleep. I slept for nearly 3 hours!

Ned has a meeting, but he is making quiche for us to have for dinner and while he's gone, I will watch the MSNBC report on the Supreme Court hearing today before watching Young Sheldon.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY



8580 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bob Dunning

Bob Dunning has been a columnist for the Davis Enterprise  for 55 years.  He was the longest running columnist in the country .  He started ...