Saturday, April 6, 2024

Sunday Stealing

 



Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


Stolen from Tuesday 4.

1.  Name a TV series show or shows in which you have seen every episode at least twice:
Criminal Minds, NCIS, Monk, the Dick Van Dyke Show, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, MASH, Star Trek (TOS), and many more.

2.  Name a show or shows you can't or would not miss:
Jeopardy, Chicago MD, Survivor, Amazing Race, Finding Your Roots, and many more

3.  Name an actor or actors that would make you more inclined to watch a show:
Tony Shaloub, Carol Burnett, Jane Lynch, Eugene Levy

4.  Name an actor or actors who would make you less likely to watch a show:  
Roseanne

5. You're having a lovely dinner party for friends and family.  What will you serve for appetizers, main course and dessert?
I'll make a Chinese dinner, with won ton and eggs rolls for appetizers, chow mein, fried rice, lemon chicken and broccoli beef for main course and since there are really no Chinese recipes for dessert, I'll serve something like ice cream and cookies.

6. Snow storm!    You've got house guests and you're all stuck inside for the night. What do you prepare for dinner.  Will you watch a movie? Which?
Probably make a big batch of mac 'n' cheese with a salad.  It would be nice to watch a movie, but I'd have to take everyone's tastes into account.

7. We are going into New York City for the weekend. Where do you want to go?
We've been to NYC several times and have seen most of the tourist spots.  It's not one of my favorite cities.  I mostly want to go to a few Broadway shows.

8. You are going to night school.  They offer courses in writing short stories, painting, piano  or guitar lessons, simple home repairs, baking, and gardening. Which do you pick  (or make up one of your own)  and why?
When I went to night school I learned Chinese cooking (from Martin Yan) and cake decorating.  Best classes I ever took!

9.   Ever been to a Drive In Theater? Would you like to see Drive In Theaters make a come back
We used to go frequently when I was a kid and I think we took our kids once or twice.  Not eager to see them come back...now you can see so much on TV you don't need drive-ins

10.  Should towns provide community entertainment like bands in the park, fireworks on the 4th, community picnics or is the cost just too much?
Our town provides all of these things and I'm very pleased that it does.

11.  What would you change about your town if you had the power?
I would change the parking rules downtown (you can't park in the same BLOCK for more than 2 hours but must move your car to a new block)

12.   How often do you find yourself shopping for groceries?
Never.  My son took over doing all the shopping a couple of years ago and I am happy to let him do it, though I no longer have a clue what anything costs any more! (I was shocked when Walt told me yesterday that bread is now $6/loaf)

13. Do you have a favorite night time snack?
Mandarin oranges.

14,  Do you buy in bulk and what kinds of tips do you have to save money on grocery shopping?
When we were raising our kids, we always bought in bulk, but now we rarely buy anything in bulk (except canned pineapple!).  Since I no longer shop, I can't remember how to save money on grocery shopping.

15. Let's have a picnic in the park.  What foods are we packing and will we cook anything there or is it all prepared ahead of time?
Everything prepared ahead of time.  Stuffed eggs, fried chicken, potato salad, fresh fruit, and cookies for dessert.
______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY

Letters I'm answering this week.


8565

7 comments:

  1. We like Eugene Levy, too. Have you seen his new show where he travels? We are in the process of working our way through Criminal Minds for the first time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I';m loving Levy's travel show...how I wish I could afford to stay in the places where he is staying

      Delete
  2. I've seen Breaking Bad but not the prequel.

    Your Chinese meal sounds fab.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by "prequel" do you mean "Better Call Saul"? You should definitely see it if you have the chance. I think it might be better than the original, but not by much.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I should have mentioned MASH. I forgot about that one.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Day!

 I am writing this on May 1, May Day.  But when I looked on the "holidays calendar" site  I discovered there are so many special &...