Tuesday, April 23, 2024

"The Trial"

 It's 10:30 a.m. and this is the first time I've sat down at my computer.  I have been watching coverage of day #2 of the Trump trial.  The one thing you learn watching all the coverage is just what a terrible crook he is and how he never gets punished for all the terrible things he has done.  They keep finding ways to get him out of things that his "friends" have been spending years in jail for.  Good lord, please don't let the Supreme Court grant him presidential immunity!

I feel sorry for the reporters, who pretty much have to cover the trial 24/7 but who have nothing to say.  Jon Stewart had a great bit last night about the reports of the trial that is pretty funny.

As I was watching The Daily Show last night, seeing Stewart's interview with Salman Rushdie made me realize how much I've missed him and what a great interviewer he is.  I encourage people to watch it.  It's worthwhile.  Rushdie has written a book called "Knife," which is about the stabbing attack that nearly killed him.

Stewart isn't on "daily" any more, but just one night a week...but that's definitely worthwhile.  Monday night is my favorite... Rachel Maddow, followed by Jon Stewart!

Something I never thought I'd see...a New York Times article on what the Secret Service will do if Trump is put in prison.

Protecting Mr. Trump in a prison environment would involve keeping him separate from other inmates, as well as screening his food and other personal items, officials said. If he were to be imprisoned, a detail of agents would work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, rotating in and out of the facility, several officials said. While firearms are obviously strictly prohibited in prisons, the agents would nonetheless be armed.

I wonder how this would all change if he is put in prison AND re-elected.  Does he govern from prison? Does he pardon himself?  Boy....the founding fathers never thought of THIS.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY



8578

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday!

 Today is my brother-in-law's 81st birthday.  Ned decided we should drive to Petaluma (about 80 miles) for lunch.  What a beautiful day!...