Saturday, April 27, 2024

Sunday Stealing

 

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.





Stolen from "How Far Will You Go?"





1.    What's the best thing to inherit other than money
I've only inherited money (3 times--my godmother and both parents), but I guess it would be good to inherit jewelry, even though I never wear any jewelry.  Or maybe someone's books?  Now THAT would be fun.

2.    What one  thing would you most like to happen tomorrow?
the former president would be convicted of something...anything!

3.    Who is the person with whom you've been most infatuated?
I have been a Judy Garland fan ever since I saw A Star Is Born in 1953.  I have been to several of her concerts, met her once, and have pretty much every book ever written about her.  I can remember vividly when my mother called me to tell me of her death.

4.    In what part of the day does time go slowest and fastest?
The morning probably goes the slowest, though that doesn't bother me.  It feels like lunchtime when it's only 11.  And I'm always surprised when it's dinner time because I think it's 3 in the afternoon (and it's 6), the hours have passed so quickly

5.    Whose thoughts would you most like to read?
Oh wouldn't it be fun to read our dog's thoughts.  He is so particular that I know his thoughts would be very interesting to read.

6.    Who is the person you'd least like to touch?
See #2.

7.    What is the best quality you inherited from your parents?
I think I inherited my father's humor.  I probably inherited my mother's ability to be calm in crises. 

8.    Who is the friend you most often disagree with?
There is a woman I used to live with when we were in college.  We were in each other's weddings, and are godparents to our children.  We are still friends, 60 years later, but we can't talk politics or religion because are diametrically opposed.

9.    What's the best ritual of your daily life?
I think I like best the morning writing -- which post cards I'm supposed to write, letters to answer, doing Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing on the weekends.

10.    What is the most useful job you've ever had?
I worked as a medical transcriptionist for 12 years and loved it.  I'm sure it was "useful" in the things I learned and the friends I made.

11.    In which year of your life did you change the most?
4/26/66...the day our first child was born.

12.    What's the best thing you've ever gotten for free?
Does received as a gift count?  That would be my first digital camera.

13,    What is the thing you are best at?
Writing.

14.    What was the luckiest moment in your life?
The day I read a newsletter that asked for volunteers to help put together the history of a theater group in San Francisco.  It changed my life!

15.    What is the single most important thing you have ever learned?
You can survive grief but there is a reason why they call it grief WORK.  It takes a long time, but you do eventually survive.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY

Jeri and her birthday gifts


8582

   

  

4 comments:

  1. I didn't think of this when I was answering the questions, but I would love to read our cat's mind!! Being a medical transcriptionist sounds like it would be very useful to many people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grief is work! Judy is endlessly interesting. https://www.rogerogreen.com/2022/06/10/judy-garland-would-have-been-100/

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2. I totally agree with you on this. He deserves it.

    #8. I try not to talk about relgion full stop. Even with atheists. There are exceptions though: I have chatted to a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses who made me laugh with some of their absurd thoughts. And they weren't joking. Even more bizarrely I would LOVE to chat to a Scientologist. I would actually record our conversation if I could.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite classes in college was philosophy & religion. I could argue all I wanted in there.

    ReplyDelete

Bob Dunning

Bob Dunning has been a columnist for the Davis Enterprise  for 55 years.  He was the longest running columnist in the country .  He started ...