Sunday, April 14, 2024

Sunday Stealing

 



Stolen from "How Far Will You Go"






1.    What have you been the most ignorant about in your life?
Always math.  I also don't know much history or politics.

2.    What in the world would you most like to see protected?
Endangered species (particularly elephants), the climate, and Democracy

3.    How do you waste  the biggest chunk of time each day or week?
It's a toss up between being on the computer and watching TV

4.    Who is the scariest person you've ever known?
He's running to be re-elected president.  (And I don't mean Biden)

5.    What was  the job you enjoyed the least?
The very first job I had in grammar school was washing test tubes in a medical laboratory.  I hated that job!

6.    What thing about your family are you the most proud of?
Our kids have grown up to be wonderful adults, we are friends with all of them, and they are friends to each other.

7.    What kind of power do you want most?
I'm too quiet and embarrassed to use "power."

8.    What's the best piece of advice you ever received?   
Someone suggested a home where I could have my mother, when it was not working out in the facility where she was living.  It was absolutely THE best suggestion I received and was a perfect home for her.

9.    What's the  thing you  know the most about?
I know a lot about Gilbert & Sullivan and The Lamplighters in San Francisco
I know a lot about breastfeeding
I know a lot about Judy Garland
I know a lot about TV shows like Monk and Criminal Minds

10.    When were you most moved by a ceremony?
Most recently, it was Rosalind Carter's funeral.  

11.    What is the best gift you ever gave to someone?
A friend had quit drinking and had lost his high paying job and was living in his brother's garage.  As the holidays approached, I knew that Christmas was going to be a hard time for him, so I made him an Advent box.  There was a gift and a letter for each day of the month of December, ending with a "good" Christmas present.  He told me years later that it was the thing that got him through the holiday.

12.    What is the cruelest thing you've ever suffered?
Being ghosted by someone I thought was a good friend.

13.    What's the single nastiest thing you've ever done to someone?
Don't ever piss off a writer.  An actor who worked for a theater company that I wrote a book about treated me terribly.  The book I wrote about the theater company was absolutely 100% true, but I printed bad reviews he had received and overlooked a lot of the good he had done. I printed the praise for the actor who shared a role with him (who was only in one show).

14.    What problem do you think is most common among friends your age?
Aches and pains, loneliness, concerns about dementia, inability to take care of ourselves.

15.    What is the strongest craving you get?
bready things (pastries, donuts, fresh bread, nut breads, etc.)
girl talk

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY

Cutting Bubba's nails.


8573

3 comments:

  1. Don't ever piss off a writer is good advice - and since we never know who could be a writer, it serves us all to do our best not to piss off anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the things to protect. And I LOVE your best gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your best gift story is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Day!

 I am writing this on May 1, May Day.  But when I looked on the "holidays calendar" site  I discovered there are so many special &...