Monday, April 22, 2024

Food

 Ned is such an amazing person.  He and Marta went out for dinner at a friend's house the other night, but he cooked dinner for Walt and me first.  I was so touched that he did that.

Saturday night we had sushi for dinner, as we always do on the anniversary of Paul's death.

Next month we'll be having Kraft dinner to commemorate David's death....then we are home free to eat whatever we want to.

I've been doing a ton of writing,  I have been fortunate to have received a lot of pen pal letters and am having such a good time answering them.  One of them, from England, was eighteen pages long!  By far the longest letter I have received.  This was a first letter from her.  I wonder if all her subsequent letters will be this long.

I also discovered that while I have a ton of forever stamps I am out of postcard stamps.  Many of the swaps I do on SwapBot and of course messages I send on Postcrossing are on postcards and I had no idea that I didn't have a backlog of postcard stamps.  I had to have my credit card replaced recently and so I have no credit card, so had to order post card stamps through our joint credit card.  Of course, I recently put $40,000 into that account, so I guess a $12 order of stamps isn't all that bad!

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY




8577

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bob Dunning

Bob Dunning has been a columnist for the Davis Enterprise  for 55 years.  He was the longest running columnist in the country .  He started ...