Saturday, September 30, 2023

Another visitor

We almost never get visitors, so it's pretty amazing that we have had two in the last couple of months.  Our friend Natalie dropped by to visit in July because she wanted to catch up with us.  Bubba immediately jumped in her lap and made friends.

Yesterday Susan, who used to own the bookstore Logos, where I volunteered for awhile, stopped by.  Bubba made friends with her too.,  She wasn't really here to catch up, like Natalie was (though we did catch up).  She is a cousin of my BFF, Char and had been to visit her earlier this week.  While there, she saw a copy of "Juice and Crackers," the book Char wrote about her life, and she wanted to read it.

Char was going to lend her her copy, but mentioned that I also had a copy, so Susan decided to borrow my copy.  I'm glad she made that suggestion because I haven't seen her since I left Logos several years ago and it was good to get caught up on her life and the life of her husband.  

I had hoped we would remain friends after she and her husband sold the book store, but this was the first time I've heard from her, so I'm glad I had a book to lend to her!

She will undoubtedly appreciate the earlier chapters of the book more than I did, because it talks about all of her relatives and who lived with whom.  She probably won't get as much out of the book from the 1960s onward, which is when I became part of Char's life.  I loved the book when I read it...and was surprised to learn that the chapter about our famous pumpkin pies was actually taken from Funny the World rather than written by Char herself.

We've been friends for more than 60 years and thinking back on it, it's amazing the experiences we have had together.

____________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Susan and Bubba

8410 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...