Saturday, September 9, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


1. What’s the best beach or lake day you can remember?
We didn't spend much time at the beach, but the first memory that came to mind was a beach at the Russian River, when the kids were little and our dog, Seymour, was so afraid of the water she tried to climb a tree that had fallen over.

2. Describe your ideal picnic lunch
Fried chicken, my father's potato salad, stuffed eggs, grapes and probably cookies.

3. What flowers are in your bouquet?
Roses and daisies.

4. Silly ways to pass the time during a snowstorm
I've never been in a snow storm, but reading, playing card games, and listening to music.

5. The most beautiful house you’ve ever visited.
I can't think of one that stands out.  We occasionally went to houses that were open for inspection and some of them were beautiful.  Of the houses I can think of today, it would probably be Tom's house in Santa Barbara.

6. Best place you ever dined.
I love The Dead Fish in Concord, which has wonderful crab.

7. How many layers to your ice cream sandwich
I never thought about "layers" in an ice cream sandwich.  Just one, I assume!

8. Pretty things which are faux patent leather
I can't think of anything patent leather, other than shoes.  I'm not big on patent leather, I guess.

9. What is the best way to eat chocolate.
Depends on the chocolate.  If it's my favorite, See's California Brittle, scrape the chocolate covering off the brittle with my teeth and then chew the brittle.  If it's normal chocolate, let it melt in my mouth first.

10. Describe your unicorn’s special magic
I don't have a unicorn, so no magic.

11. All the fruits in your fruit salad
Pineapple, banana, strawberries, kiwi, orange, grapes

12. Describe the soil, grass, trees, flowers and rocks in your magical forest.
Thick green grass, fruit trees, a garden full of tomato plants, and an abundance of flowers...also a gardener taking care of it all.

13. The lyrics which move you the most are:
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you

14. What are the best sauces in the world?
Wow...so many sauces.  I like bordelaise, alfredo, any sauce made with wine, mushrooms and butter, and bottled Baby Ray's BBQ sauce

15. Write a haiku about nature
Waves crashing on shore
The sound and the smell of salt
I love the ocean

 _________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


Another new child,
for whom I am correspondent
He's from Ghana

8395

2 comments:

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...