Thursday, September 28, 2023

DISH

 A couple of months ago, there was a dispute between NBC and DISH, which has resulted in DISH subscribers no longer being able to get any shows on NBC.  (Fortunately this happens during a writer's strike when there aren't that many shows on anyway).  Several years ago I believe it was CBS and DISH that had a dispute and we lost those shows, but Ned got an external antenna, so we can watch TV, not through DISH, but through our external antenna.  One problem is that you can't record anything so if you don't want to watch something at the time that it's on, you won't be able to see it.

As a result of  this, I wanted to watch the debate last night, but NBC was showing the finale of America's Got Talent and since I couldn't record that and watch the debate live, I recorded the debate and watched AGT.  It was on from 9 to 11 and I was ready to sleep at 10, but if I wanted to see who won, I had to stay awake until 11.  (I was pleased with the result.  The top 3 acts were my top 3, so I would have been happy with whichever of them won.)

When the show was over, I was going to just start watching the debate...and then discovered that I didn't record the debate after all.  What I recorded was MSNBC's analysis of the debate, and I watched that a bit.  From what I watched in the analysis, I suspect I was lucky that I didn't actually record the debate itself.  I got a good picture of it without having to actually sit through it.

It's amazing how 7 people who want to be the presidential nominee refuse to mention the current leader, who refuses to come to debates, but who is leading by some 60%.  Nothing about his 91 felony arrests or the fact that that day a judge just ruled against his company and it is in the process of being shut down.  They don't mention anything negative about #45, but talk about stupid things like curtains at the residence of the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in New York and who is sleeping with teachers.  Surely important topics for a presidential campaign!

The sad thing about these non-debate debates is that it is almost certain that #45 will be the candidate again.

____________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


8408

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...