Monday, September 18, 2023

Going to the doctor

I remember the sickest Jeri ever got.  She was a toddler.  It was only a flu or something, but when her temperature went up to 106 and she was very lethargic, I rushed her off to the emergency room.  It took them a long time to call us and then we were in the exam room for awhile before the doctor came in.  We had waited so long that her temperature was normal and she was climbing all over the furniture in the exam room. The doctor looked at me like I was one of those mothers who took their kid to the doctor for everything.  But it truly was 106!

Today I have an appointment about my hearing aid.  I had an appointment a few weeks ago because I couldn't hear out of the left hearing aid.  They checked and said it was fine and showed me what I needed to do to change the input of noise.  I went home with a working hearing aid.  After I got home, it stopped working and Ned managed to get it working again.

But several weeks ago, it stopped working all together.  I couldn't get it to work, nor could Ned.  Before I made another call to the doctor's office, I made sure it really wasn't working.  I tried using it every day for several days and couldn't get any sound out of it.  It took three weeks or something before they could give me an appointment and in that time I just stopped using the left hearing aid and was doing OK with just the right.  But I would periodically try putting the left one in again and still no sound.

So today is my appointment and I put the hearing in last night and it worked.  Worked the way it's supposed to.  I could make the sound louder or softer.  I was kind of upset.  What was I going to tell the person at the doctor's office..."really...it didn't work."  All I could think of was Jeri's 106 body temperature.

I was  relieved when I put the hearing aid in this morning and it didn't work again.  I wonder if it will be working when we get to the doctor's office.

_______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

This is what Lacie and her friends did
at her birthday party

8401

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...