Thursday, September 7, 2023

Happy Birthday

I've always loved this photo of my mother that Jeri took.  I believe it was the last picture taken of her before we moved her to Atria in Davis.

Today she would be 104.  I don't know why, but I've just been missing her the last few days.  I'm remembering how she would go through periods where she missed her mother, who died when I was probably in my 20s, or late teens. 

There are days when I feel I have nobody to talk with and would dearly love to pick up the phone and call her.  I'm imagining heaven today, with a card game going on among my mother and her sisters...or my cousins...or my sister.  I feel left out.

Happy birthday, Momma. 

 _________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY




8391

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of still being able to send my mom a card in heaven. As another motherless daughter, I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...