Saturday, September 2, 2023

Sunday Stealing


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.




Stolen from Storyworth





    1. Did you ever have a commercial you really liked?
There are some commercials I like, but I can't think of any specific one at the moment.

    2. How did you learn to ride a bicycle?
My father taught me, I think.

    3.How did you celebrate your 21st birthday?
Walt took me for cocktails at the Top of the Mark Hopkins hotel in San Francisco.


    4. What fascinated you as a child?
I was always fascinated by dogs and horses and read every book I could find about them.

    5. What was one of your favorite playground games?
When I went to the playground, I usually went into the building and played Jacks.

    6. What things matter most to you in life?
Family, of course.

    7. If you had to go back in time and start a brand new career, what would it be?
I'd probably be more serious about writing.  Or I'd choose some sort of career that would give me a retirement when I retired, rather than the jobs I had, which were not "careers."

    8. What do people get wrong about you?
They think I'm very sociable, when in fact I'm quite shy.

    9. Do you believe that people can change? Why or why not?
Definitely.  If you want to change and are willing to work at it, you can change.

    10. What is some of the best advice your mother ever gave you?
"This too shall pass."

    11. If you could see into the future, what would you want to find out?
If Trump is going to spend any time in jail!!

    12. How has your life turned out differently than you imagined it would?
With 5 kids, I expected to have a lot more than 2 grandchildren.  And I expected I would spend a lot of time with my grandchildren, not just see them twice a year and have essentially nothing to do with them.

    13. What is the longest project you have ever worked on?
Each of the Lamplighters history books took about two years to complete.

    14. What have been some of your favorite restaurants through the years?
I love The Dead Fish in Concord, where you can get wonderful Dungeness Crab.  There is also a great restaurant in San Francisco called Thanh Long where  they have great crab.

    15. What is one of the best shows you've ever been to?
Oh so many!  For concerts there was, of course, Judy Garland's Carnegie Hall concert and then I saw Joel Grey in concert at the Fairmont hotel and that was fabulous.  In musicals, I loved Phantom of the Opera in London and watching Paul as Winthrop in two different productions of The Music Man in community theater.  As for drama, a community theater production of  Grounded was one of the most memorable I've seen.


8386

3 comments:

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...