Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Wordle n stuff

A group of us -- me, Jeri and Phil, Walt's sister and her husband, his brother and his wife -- play Wordle each day and text our scores to each other. We don't usually post the figure of our play but this morning I was sad that it took me 6 tries to solve the puzzle.  Then Jeri posted her figure.  It took her 6 tries to get it too and it was interesting that our figures looked pretty identical, except for the starting word.

I love doing Wordle.  I generally go to sleep at 10 p.m. and wake up automatically around midnight, when the new Wordle is up and don't go back to sleep until I've solved it.  (Walt's sister says she sometimes takes all day to solve...I can't possibly put it down until I've solved it!  But then my normal score is 4 and hers is 3, so maybe I should take more time working on it!)

My pen pal Jeremy says he is no good with words, but he plays "Worldle" and "Globle" because he's so good with geography.  I'm terrible at geography and would do very badly with those games.

Likewise, Steve (Schalchlin) plays Connections, another NY Times game where you create 4 groups of  4 from a box of 16 words.  Jeri has played that too and is pretty good at it.  I'm terrible because I can't see the second use for some of the words and can't get a group together, so I stick with Wordle.

* * *

We had warning from PG&E yesterday that our power would be out from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.  The year that Ned moved in here, he recommended that we get a generator because he expected the power would go off in the summertime.  It didn't that summer, but when winter storms came about, it did and he was able to power the important things in the house -- the refrigerator, the TV and the bidet.  I'm surprised at how many times we have used the generator and so we had no concerns about the power being out yesterday.  He got us all set up and then the PG&E turned the power back on again after an hour, so we didn't really need the generator, but how nice to have it!  And not being able to use the computer was great because I didn't need to feel guilty for sitting in my recliner just watching TV in the morning!

_________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


8390

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...