Monday, September 11, 2023

Temu

 We can't get our NBC tv station any more.  It says "Cox and Hearst retransmission impasse moves to blackout stage.  WISN-TV, other Hearst TV stations fade to black on DirecTV after talks fail on programming fees."  Whatever that means.  A TV version of the writers strike, I guess!

But that means no Today Show, no America's Got Talent (which is showing its finals now).  It means that I've started watching Good Morning, America in the morning.  I was amused this morning to discover that GMA has discovered Temu.

Temu has become my obsession, though I'm backing off now because I probably have more stickers than I can use in the rest of my life.  But Temu has gone from being mostly stickers, to selling just about everything else, cheap and GMA featured a lot of things this morning, including a scalp massager for 39 cents and a tiny refrigerator on sale for $69 (original price $111)



The things they showed were as varied as the stickers I've been buying this past year.  Temu must be a Chinese company and now that they have gotten so much traffic, they are branching out to things other than stickers.  My stickers used to come in a Temu bag and be delivered overnight.  The things I got today came a week after ordering, and not from Temu, but from some other company and a strange bag.  I kind of feel like I helped get Temu off the ground as a business!

 _________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


Lester at the JFK library

8397

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dead meat

  We went to the Buckhorn restaurant in Winters for our anniversary last night.  It's a wonderful restaurant, especially for prime rib a...