Thursday, September 21, 2023

Saturday 9


 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Answer the Phone (2001)


Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song likens a relationship to a roller coaster ride. When did you most recently visit an amusement park?
I don't think I've been to an amusement park since Disneyland in 2000.

2) Lead singer Mark McGrath reasons that his girl should answer the phone because he knows she's home. That was decades ago, when most homes still had landlines. Where were you when you took your last call? Were you at home?
We have a land line and a cell phone.  We never answer the land line because it's always somebody trying to sell us something.  I think the last call I took on my cell phone (I get very few calls) was a few days ago when my daughter called.  For some reason I get calls in Chinese on my cell phone.  I don't answer those!

3) He remembers the glow of her face when he gave her a rose. Have you recently given or received a gift of flowers or a plant?
Walt bought me beautiful roses for Mother's Day.  Tom and Jeri each sent flowers for Mother's Day.

4) Sugar Ray's debut CD was called Lemonade and Brownies. Crazy Sam admits she'd prefer milk with her brownie. What about you? Does the combination of lemonade and brownies sound good to you?
Absolutely not!!!  The brownie would make the lemonade taste terrible.  I had a brownie this afternoon and had a glass of water with it.

5) In 2005, Mark McGrath was a guest judge on American Idol. At one time, Idol was the dominant singing competition show. Today, in addition to American Idol, viewers can also watch The Voice and America's Got Talent. Are you a fan of any or all of these shows?
I watched American Idol for a few years, never watched The Voice and I am a fan of AGT.  (Who do you think is going to win this week?)

6) Sugar Ray is a famous name in boxing circles. Sugar Ray Robinson and  Sugar Ray Leonard were both world championships. Are you a boxing fan?
No.  My father was a huge boxing fan and his uncle was almost champion feather weight, but lost the last fight.  I never could understand why it's so much  fun watching people beat each other up.

7) In 2001, when this song was popular, the Leaning Tower of Pisa reopened to the public after more than a decade of renovations. Have you ever been to Italy? If yes, where did you go? If not, is a trip to Italy on your wish list?
Yes, I've been to Italy...and I saw the Leaning Tower.  We were on 2 tours that went lots of places.

8) Also in 2001, Liverpool's Speke Airport was renamed John Lennon Airport. Liverpool's is the first airport in the United Kingdom to be named after an individual. Tell us about something in your hometown that is named after someone.
The intermediate school is named after my daughter's teacher.  The theater at the high school is named for the late teacher of the Jazz Choir.  There is an alley downtown that is named for a popular UPS driver.  The Health Services building is named for Helen Thomson, who is a friend, and who was state assemblywoman for 6 years.

9) Random Question: Is the screen on your cell phone cracked?
No.  I'm curious to know how this question came to be asked.  Is YOUR cell phone cracked?

3 comments:

  1. #9: Because I heard a stat that between 20% and 30% of consumers have cracked screens and that it's the top reason that people buy new phones, not because they want to upgrade to the latest Apple or Android. And yes, mine as is cracked. But no, I don't care enough to get a new phone just because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cellphone screen has never been cracked, and I've had the same phone for years. It's an iPhone 5, so quite old. Works fine. No need to replace just to replace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a cracked screen either.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...