Wednesday, September 13, 2023

From the Sublime to the Ridiculous

 I haven't read much lately, so I've been trying to get some reading in.  i had started "The Day Diana Died" and once I got far enough into it, I couldn't put it down.  The more I read of the royal family, the more I realize how terribly dysfunctional they are (when Charles was little, his mother would be gone on a trip but when she returned, she would not hug him--she would shake his hand).

Elizabeth's disregard for how upset the rest of the world was about Diana's death makes me think of  Downton Abbey's Violet who asks "what's a week end?"

But the book is a very thorough examination of everything that happened in the weeks leading up to the accident, an investigation of all the people involved, and a detailed description of the accident and Diana's injuries (she did not die at the scene, but died in the hospital).

After finishing that book, I decided I needed to read something light and so read "Raspberry Truffle Murder," by Wendy Meadows, a book which a pen pal sent me as a gift.  As I said in my review on Goodreads, I hope she didn't buy it for me.  It was perhaps the most unbelievable book I've ever read.  I finished it in a couple of hours, but it was painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dead meat

  We went to the Buckhorn restaurant in Winters for our anniversary last night.  It's a wonderful restaurant, especially for prime rib a...