Saturday, December 9, 2023

Aging

 The one thing about meeting old friends after a long time is how old they now look.  I always look at someone and think "do I look that much older?"  There is a friend who was in an accident a few years ago and I swear she has aged 20 years since then, both her inability to stand up straight and the pain you can see on her face.  

Walt's sister-in-law went from black hair to white hair in the months during COVID when we never saw them.

Jeri (my friend, Jeri's godmother) and her husband used to travel to California once a year and we always had lunch, and each year there was a difference (though, in all honesty, Jeri has aged less than most of the people I know).  I remember the year when I was walking with a cane and she was walking with a walker.  The next year we were both using walkers and Char was walking just fine.   This year, all three of us are using walkers.

It is interesting as we move into our final years, to see how little, or how much we are changing with each passing year.   I remember my mother did quite well until she hit  about100 and then physically she seemed to go down quickly, as her Alzheimer's worsened.

Dear lord, I don't want to live to 100.....

_______________________________________________________________________________


 PHOTO OF THE DAY



8474

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...