Tuesday, December 12, 2023

My Sleep Shirt

 I have, over the years, written a lot about my insomnia.  I have tried all sorts of things to solve it.  I  saw on Criminal Minds yesterday someone saying "You've can't function with only 3 hours of sleep" to which  the person said "Yes, but I can try."  Heck I function with three, sometimes 2 or 1 hour of sleep, and the 1 hour nap in the afternoon most days.  I've done that for years.

I've tried all sorts of things.  I once bought a heavy weight blanket, which worked great with my recliner, but the weight of it tended to pull it self down off of my lap, and it was so heavy it was difficult to slide it back up again.  It got folded up and put in a basket a long time ago.  The basket was filled with other things and I'd forgotten that it was there.

But I bought a heavy, but lighter weight blanket that works great and I can sometimes fall asleep under it (frequently with Bubba on top of it!)

I found something on amazon that sounded perfect.  It was a whole body shirt that was heavy and had long sleeves and I ordered it.  But it turned out I was too fat and it barely went on my body.  It was obviously something I was never going to wear so I  returned it.

But then I found the "Yes, I'm Cold" shirt.  It's like the full body one, but only the upper part of the body.  It's warm and it has a hood on it and I'm calling it my sleep shirt.  I go to sleep at 10 or 11 and wake up at midnight, at which point I'm kind of cold (I wake up to do my 1 second a day video and Wordle).  Before I go back to the couch, I put on the sleep shirt and it almost always helps me get back to sleep within 15 minutes, where if I don't wear it, I may toss and turn and finally wake up an hour or so later.  

If I wake up and go to the recliner, I used to turn on the TV, trying to get me to go back to sleep.  Now I just put on the sleep shirt, pull the hood down so it covers my eyes, put my hands under the blanket and breathe slowly...and fall asleep.  I sometimes wake up around 5 or 6 and hear Ned making coffee, but if I don't open my eyes or look around, I pretty much always go back to sleep for another hour or two.

I consider the sleep shirt one of the best things I ever bought myself.

_______________________________________________________________________________


 PHOTO OF THE DAY





8476

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...