Friday, December 15, 2023

Saturday 9



Welcome to Saturday: 9. 

What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!

Saturday 9: The Christmas Blues (1953)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Dean Martin sings that the streets are white with snow. Do you anticipate a White Christmas this year?
It never snows here, so no.

2) He tells us he's done plenty of window shopping this season. Do you find you're influenced by a retailer's window dressing and store decor? Are you more motivated by price? Or do you do most of your shopping online, making holiday decorations irrelevant?
I have done all of my shopping on line for the past two years.
 
3) Dean was born in Steubenville, OH. Though he rarely returned to his hometown, it was in his thoughts during the holidays. Every Christmas he made like Santa and sent toys to hospitalized children in the Steubenville area. Are there toys on your shopping list this year?
Sadly, my grand daughters are getting too old for "toys."  One of them is getting a Lego set and the other (age 15) is just getting money.

4) He had fast hands when it came to cards and before he was famous he worked as a dealer in Atlantic City. When you play cards, what's your favorite game?
I guess canasta.  My mother, cousins and I used to play a game we called "65."  It has a different name that I can't remember.  We played it continuously on weekends at my mother's house for many years.  But my mother and my cousins are all dead now and nobody else knows how to play it (and I've forgotten)

5) Dean Martin was an avid reader ... of comic books. Especially in bed when he was on the road and couldn't sleep. Much as he enjoyed comic books, he was embarrassed by them. What do you do when you can't sleep?
Watch something boring on TV (and hope it will put me to sleep) or listen to podcasts (also hoping it will put me to sleep)

Now let's have a few holiday-specific questions:
 
6) Every year, the United States Postal Service introduces special holiday stamps. Do you purchase them?
I haven't in a couple of years because I have a big collection of old holiday stamps.
 
7) Do you have a funny/ugly holiday sweater?

Does this count?

 8) Do you wrap your presents or use gift bags?
Mostly I wrap them.

9) We're doing Christmas karaoke! What holiday or winter-themed song will you perform?
"Silent Night" - literally!!!!

_______________________________________________________________________


 PHOTO OF THE DAY



8480  

7 comments:

  1. When you say you have a collection of old stamps, do you mean old unused stamps? I used to collect stamps and I taught it to my son's' class 32 years ago. I recently found his stamp collection and I am going to give it to him for his birthday. Nice Christmas pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your answers to these fun questions. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 The little Christmas shopping I do, it is all online.
    #4 Whoa! My father and mother used to play canasta all the time.
    #6 Just watch out on some of my stamps the adhesive dried out and they don’t stick that good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that's an ugly sweater, it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sweater! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...