Sunday, December 31, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


1. What did you do this year that you had not done before
I had my first colonoscopy.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year?  What are they? What are your new ones?
I never make New Year's Resolutions, but for 2024 I have promised that I will write a story, perhaps small book length, about the history of our Pinata Group.

3. Did anyone you know give birth? Or get pregnant?
My BFF became a great grandmother. 

4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness
A few people we knew died, perhaps the closest of all would have been The Psychiatrist, for whom I worked for 30 years.

5. What places did you visit
We are still mostly staying home after Covid, but we did spend a short week in Santa Barbara for son Tom's 53rd birthday.

6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical thing)?
I'd say more time with the granddaughters, but that's not possible.

7. What date from this year will remain etched in your memory and why?
I turned 80 in February. 

8. What was your biggest achievement this year
Probably keeping up correspondence with so many pen pals.

9. Did you get sick or injured? Anyone you know
no and no

10. What was the best thing you bought
My "yes I am cold" shirt, which helps me sleep at night, and my Zoshirushi cup, which keeps my coffee hot all day.

11. Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, transportation and shelter)
Probably Kindle books.

12. What song will always remind you of this year
Can't think of any.

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Probably reading. Or sleeping!

14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
play Block Puzzle Jewel.

15. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to?
With the strikes, I can't think of any new TV programs but Jeopardy is always a favorite...and I love reruns of Monk, NCIS and Criminal Minds.  Only saw one movie in the theater, which was 80 for Brady, which we saw on my 80th birthday.  I recently watched Maestro on Netflix and that was great.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 PHOTO OF THE DAY



Happy New Year

8497

2 comments:

  1. I turned 70 this year, though it was not the most memorable day

    ReplyDelete
  2. You turned 80? Welcome to a new decade.

    A UK version of Jeorpardy! has finally been made over here. I've seen it in the States before but seeing it on New Year's Day on UK TV was strange.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...