Tuesday, December 5, 2023

lunch out again

I'm turning into a regular social butterfly.

We went out  for dinner on the day after Thanksgiving, I had lunch out this morning and we're going to lunch at Fenton's on Friday.

Actually my lunch with Kathleen was supposed to happen last week, but she had to cancel, so we met at the Black Bear Diner this afternoon.  We have stopped sitting in the comfortable booth we have sat in for years because neither of us can get out of the booth any more, but we have a nice table with a view out to the street.  I'm never sure why Kathleen orders lunch because she rarely eats anything and takes it home in a box.  I, on the other hand, eat everything, though I have to admit that my eggs Benedict today wasn't as good as I expected.  I think I'll go for something else next time.

We stayed for over an hour and a half, covering everything from #45 to our kids to holidays to television and everything else we could think of.  At one point I thought that the problem with being the hermit I have become is that I have forgotten how to do chit chat.  But Kathleen has a busy life and was able to keep t he conversation going, and the long we chatted, the more my "chit chat" vibes came back and I was able to participate on my own.

As we got up to leave, me with my walker and her with her cane, I realized what old ladies we have become.  Both of us bent over, walking slowly to the parking lot and then trying to get my walker in her car (which has two other walkers in it already).  I'm wondering how many more lunches like this we are going to be able to have.

* * * * *

Plans are starting to be made for Christmas.  Ned got up our little artificial tree today and I guess we will get it decorated in the next couple of days.  He also brought out the wrapping paper so I can start wrapping gifts and get them off of my floor.  Sure wish the gift I am most excited about will be delivered soon!

I've thought about making Christmas cookies, but have been trying to figure out who I will give them to and realize that I will probably eat most of  them, so just as well I don't do that, though it doesn't seem like "Christmas" without my making Christmas cookies.

_______________________________________________________________________________


 PHOTO OF THE DAY




8470 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...