Saturday, December 2, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


1. if someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to?
A Harlan Coben book, Monk, and a Lawsuit recording.  Also watch Rachel Maddow, to get how I feel about the world these days.

2. have you ever found a writer who thinks just like you? if so, who?
Since I mostly read crime dramas and (auto)biographies, I don't know if there is a writer who thinks just like I do.  I'd like to think that Steinbeck and I have things in common, but I dunno.

3. do you care about your ethnicity?
I'm proud of being Irish/Scottish 

4. what musical artists have you most felt connected to over your lifetime?
Judy Garland, Steve Schalchlin, and the band Lawsuit

5. are you an artist?
Sadly, no.  I come from a family that is very artistic, but that gene skipped over me, along with the music gene.  This is as artistic as I get



6. dog person or cat person?
Definitely dog.

7. inside or outdoors?
Inside

8. five most influential books over your lifetime
Hmmm.   
.
9. would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere else?
Depends.  Which world has air conditioning and indoor plumbing?

10. list the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order.
* Watching TV
* Writing letters
* If I'm working on a journal, designing journal pages
* working our puzzle
* napping

11. have you ever felt like you had a “mind-meld” with someone?
Yes.  

12. could you live as a hermit?
Probably.  Since COVID, I have become pretty much a hermit.  Walt, Ned and Marta also live here, but I rarely see them.

13. do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of the “real you”?
Heck no.  The "real me" is slender and beautiful

14. three songs that you connect with right now.
"Funny" (It's the song I named my blog for - Funny the World)
"For Good"  (from Wicked)
"Save Me a Seat" (thinking of my funeral)

15. pick one of your favorite quotes.
loving and losing: different by only one letter and a million degrees of pain -- Jessica Katoff


_______________________________________________________________________________


 PHOTO OF THE DAY


Puzzle 1 of the Advent puzzle

8467

4 comments:

  1. I used to write letters a LOT in the 1970s and 1980s, and not at all now, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the answer to 9 would be Hogwarts.

    Do you still write letters? Good for you. I've not written one for years.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write a letter (or more) almost every day. I have a lot of pen pals!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's a powerful quote. I think you're quite artistic myself.

    ReplyDelete

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...