Sunday, December 3, 2023

It's Christmas

It must be December.

I watched Elf and Miracle on 34th street (the original) last night.  Now I'm looking for White Christmas.  There aren't a lot of movies that I watch each December.  I enjoyed Christmas Princess that I watched a couple of years ago because it had Sam Heughan in it.

There are so many Christmas Story movies around, not only the original story in many forms with many actors playing Scrooge, but plots based on the Dickens story. There is always a "bah humbug" character (I think my favorite was Maureen O'Hara), an employee who is being harassed, a little kid in trouble and various ways of converting the bah humbug character. Some of those movies are good, some are downright terrible.  But it's interesting to see how they manage to use the basic Dickens plot to create a new story.

My Christmas shopping is finished.  I knew I was going to do everything on line and ordered fairly early to avoid December mail problems (I'm getting pen pal letters that are taking a week or more to be delivered!).  I'm pleased with the things I've ordered, one thing especially I am so excited to have opened.  I won't say for whom but it's my favorite gift this year.  There are only a couple of things I've ordered that haven't been delivered yet, so I'm done.  I can start wrapping!

I usually have my Christmas letter out by right after Thanksgiving, but I didn't get it written until late (hard to write a letter when there is so little to write about) and Jeri is putting it in pdf format for me, so it probably won't be mailed for a week or so.  I have to find my Christmas list.

I've sent the annual Jacqui Lawson advent calendar to the girls, which I do every year, and I am working the advent calendar puzzle Jeri sent, which is fun, though it only takes 15-20 minutes to work each day's puzzle, so we don't have the whole day to look at pieces and try to fit them together.

I have sent off two of the journals I was working on and am now doing a "guided journal" where there is a list of what should be on each of 30 pages.  The Photo of the Day is one of my most interesting artistic creations.  I found some grass paper and someone had sent me some green ribbon, so I decided to make this picture, using stickers for the flowers.  I'm really tickled with it. (trying to get ribbon glued to paper is an interesting project.)

Ned is getting ready to get our artificial tree set up.  It is small and won't take up much room, but it will give the house more of a "Christmas" feel.


_______________________________________________________________________________


 PHOTO OF THE DAY



8468

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...