Friday, December 15, 2023

2024

Yesterday I did something really silly.  We will have a new year soon.  2024.  But 2024 doesn't mean a year for me, it means the address of the place where I grew up in San Francisco.  


I've been thinking about 2024 for a long time.  I checked it out on line--it's a rented flat that my parents lived in for about 30 years. My mother was pregnant with me when they moved in.  I can't even recognize it now since it has been completely redone. I also can't believe the rent today (my father was paying $47/month in 1973 and when they moved out it was rented for $200/month...now it's something like $4,000 a month!)

Anyway, I've been thinking about it and got some "Happy New Year 2024" stickers and I decided to write to whoever is living there now.  It will be interesting to see if I get a reply.  I told them what the flat looked like when I lived there, which I would be interested to read if I were the one receiving my letter!

_______________________________________________________________________________


 PHOTO OF THE DAY


Today -- trees!  diagonal parking! 
A garage!

8479 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...