Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Christmas is over

 I didn't write an entry for the 27th.  After everybody left, I was so exhausted, I ended up going to sleep at 9:30, waking up for an hour around 1:30, then back to sleep until 5:30...and napped through most of The Today Show.  But I believe I'm finally awake.  


Tom, the girls, and Jeri all spent the night here and Walt, Tom and Lacie took Jeri to the train station at 6:45 so she could head off to the San Francisco airport to get her flight back to Boston.  We came home and Lacie crashed, while Ned fixed the rest of us breakfast.

Tom and the girls were headed off to Santa Barbara while Ned and Marta were headed up to Tahoe to spend a week.  Lots of activity around here getting everybody ready to leave.

This has been such a nice visit with Tom and the girls.  The last couple of times I've been with them it's been so frustrating because the girls seemed to fight all the time, but there was no fighting at all this time...probably because Lacie got a cell phone for Christmas and everybody was doing stuff with their cell phones.  I was sad that Laurel didn't make it up here, but I texted her some photos from their time here.

I was happy that the squirrels were out, so the girls could finally see them live.  I've been writing to them about the squirrels for a long time.

After Tom and the girls left, Ned and Marta were getting ready to leave when I had some difficulties with the new television.  Ned was determined to get it all fixed before he left and worked hard at trying to find a way to get MAX, which I wanted so I could finish watching the episode of Julia that I had been watching before everybody arrived for Christmas.

He finally got it all fixed and they were ready to leave.  He has bought an amazing amount of frozen food at Trader Joe's so I don't have to cook while they are gone.  I was so touched.  They left me with instructions that if I fall, I'm to call 911 and if something goes wrong, their friend Jessica knows they are gone and will be here to help.  I felt so taken care of, but I know I'm going to miss them this week.  I hope they have a great time at Tahoe.  They deserve some time to themselves.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 PHOTO OF THE DAY



8493

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...