Monday, January 1, 2024

2024

It is now 2024.  

It was a quiet New Year's Eve.  I slept most of the morning (since I slept almost none of the night) and woke up to the 49er game, which was just starting.  It was a good game and it's always nice to know that things are happy in Santa Barbara.

 I made pumpkin pie, since the two pies I made for Christmas had no sugar in them.  (I always wondered how people on TV making things for competition overlook important ingredients.  Now I know!)  I had pumpkin made in the freezer so it was easy to make.  And it was worthwhile.

There was a NCIS marathon, and Walt and I watched NCIS pretty much all day until the New Years Eve coverage began.

We watched Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen do New Year's Eve on CNN from New York, so the ball dropped at 9 p.m. Davis time and I was able to listen to Ned's 3 hour New Year's Eve radio program.  He did such an amazing job, using recordings of several Davis bands in concert and putting them together, announced by various DJs from KDRT (the radio station) so it sounded like they were doing a secret concert at a deserted university building.  The DJ who introduced Lawsuit said that the group had not played together for more than 20 years...he didn't say that the lead singer was dead!

Anyway, it was fun and I got to celebrate the start of 2024 two times.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 PHOTO OF THE DAY


8498 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...