Friday, January 19, 2024

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here are today's questions!


Saturday 9: Young Girl (1968)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The song is about a girl who is too young for romance. How old were you when your parents allowed you to date?
I was 13.  Our next door neighbor had a nephew and she introduced us.  We started dating and dated exclusively for 3 years, until he became a Jesuit.

2) Lead singer Gary Puckett mentions the girl's perfume. What scent do you wear most often?
I wear no perfume.

3) "Young Girl" reached #2 on the charts and stayed there for three weeks, but it never hit #1. It was stuck behind Otis Redding's "(Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay." Are you competitive by nature? Or would you be satisfied doing well, but not being #1?
Sure.

4) The Union Gap got together in San Diego, California's second most populated city. Have you ever visited California? If yes, where did you go?
LOL.  I visited California in 1943 and never left.

5) The Union Gap performed at a White House state dinner for special guests Prince Charles and Princess Anne. Some in attendance that night maintain that President Nixon seemed to be playing matchmaker that night between the Prince and his daughter, Tricia. Have you ever tried to fix people up? If yes, did romance result?
No.  Never did.

6) After six Top 20 hits in three years, the Union Gap disbanded. Today Gary Puckett tours as a solo artist on the "oldies circuit" with Peter Noone of the Herman's Hermits. Without looking it up, can you name any of the Herman's Hermits hits?
Until this Saturday 9, I don't think I've ever heard of Herman's Hermits before.

7) In 1968, when "Young Girl" was a hit, Jacqueline Kennedy married Aristotle Onassis. Think about the last wedding you attended. Were you closer to the bride or groom?
The last wedding I attended was my son's, in 2003.  

8) Also in 1968, the most popular movie in theaters was Funny Girl, starring Barbra Streisand. What's the last movie you watched?
I can't remember.  I haven't been to the theater since February and lately I've been watching series on TV rather than movies.  Any suggestions?

9) Random question -- Come clean: Right now are there more dishes in your sink or clothes in your hamper?
Neither.  Walt did the dishes last night and Ned did the laundry.  

_________________________________ _____________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Walt and I had shrimp
for dinner last night.

8507

6 comments:

  1. Oh, yes you have heard of Herman's Hermits! We featured them on Saturday 9 before. I looked it up, and here were your answers that week. https://www.funnytheworld.com/2018/Sep/22.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you love California so much! That is great. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in all honesty, I've never had anything to compare it with!

      Delete
  3. I haven't been to the theater since last August, when I saw Barbie with a friend. I seldom make it there once a year, more like once every two-three years. I always thought I might move to California, if I had to move. I have family out there near Redding.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...