Sunday, January 21, 2024

The 49ers

 

I've started watching football.

Oh I've watched football a lot, especially when I'm with Tom for a 49er game (wish I could find the photo of him and David, when they were still kids, sitting on the couch cheering for the game they were watching.  When the 9ers won the Superbowl that year, I bought 49er roses, which were red and gold, one for each kid...they are the only roses  we still have growing, thought they are just red now).

Then I started watching the end of games so I could send a congratulations or regret to Tom when the game ended, knowing how terrible things were going to be in Santa Barbara if the team had played a bad game.

As far as football goes, I always enjoy watching it with someone (especially Tom) but Walt usually watches the games upstairs and I just never think to turn it on because I'm busy doing something else.

But lately (at the end of the season, of course!) I've started turning the games on for me and watching the whole game.

This has been a very pleasant activity since every game I've seen they won, until last week, when they lost.  

So I watched yesterday's game against the Packers.  I actually had forgotten it was on until Ned came and turned it one for me.  It was still the first quarter, but Green Bay was leading 3-0.  I watched the two teams rack up points, back and forth and was depressed when it was coming to the end of the 4th quarter with the score Packers - 21, 49ers - 17.  I was visualizing what things were like in Santa Barbara.


It was 5 minutes left and there was no way the 9ers were going to win.  I was feeling terrible for Tom (and for the kids...Lacie made a shrine to bring them luck!)

Then it was 3 minutes and they were close to a touchdown and miraculously with 2 minutes left, they managed to get a touchdown.  It was one of the most exciting games I'd seen in a long time (at least the 4th quarter).

Now I'm NOT a big football fan, so I don't know all the ins and outs and what is going on but I think this means that the 9ers will play whoever wins today's game in the Super Bowl.

Go niners!
_________________________________ _____________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

49er shrine Lacie made to bring the team good luck.
(it worked!)

8509

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...