Sunday, January 28, 2024

Pathetic Grammar School kid

 In a recent entry, I talked about how I hated going out for recess, and wanted to just sit in a corner and read, but if the nuns made me put the book down, I would either try to play (I was the least popular game player), or go over to the wall of the church and clip pieces of the stone with a bobby pin.  I loved doing that.

And then there were bathroom breaks.  If I had a problem, I went to the bathroom.  There were six stalls in the girls' bathroom, 3 on each side.  "My" stall was the first one on the right as you entered and I gave a name to the toilet paper dispenser, and pretended it was "real" and I would tell all of my thoughts to it (I can't remember what I named it)

I think back, picturing me hiding in the bathroom stall, crying to the toilet paper dispenser, feeling that "he" could hear and understand me.

I'm so glad I was different by the time I got to high school!  I was completely comfortable, had friends, and was one of the "movers" of the school all four years.  I loved high school.

_________________________________ _____________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Finished the puzzle...
3 dog chewed pieces
(which seems appropriate for this puzzle!)


8516

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...