Saturday, January 13, 2024

Haunted Me

We finished our puzzle a couple of days ago.  There were 3 missing pieces.  One of them, which was an all white piece, we have been looking for for a couple of weeks.  We have looked everywhere, on the rug, under the rug, under chairs, in the laundry basket.  It had just disappeared.  Last night, as I was getting up to go to the bathroom, I happened to look down and there was the puzzle piece, on the rug, right where we had looked for days.  When Ned came downstairs to make coffee, I told him about my "miracle."  He has told me before that he has found lost pieces after looking for them forever, and then having them show up right under his feet.  He went upstairs and when he came back down he asked "did you find any more pieces?"  I said no and he said "well...here's another one."  Another of the "lost" pieces showed up right about where the first one had been found.  Now we only have one lost piece.

I have been convinced for awhile that Paul and/or David are still living in the house.  If not them, then somebody.  I hear strange noises pretty much every night when I'm alone in my recliner.  Yes, it could be the house settling, but the other night the noise was of something crashing.  I checked and there was nothing that had crashed anywhere.

I occasionally feel a hand on my arm and am often aware of "somebody" standing behind me against the recliner, so I can feel it.  

I have accepted all of these strange things because I tell myself that the kids are back visiting.  It may or may not be true, but it comforts me.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


8501   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...