Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Paying it Forward

Wendy Weetabix, who asks a lot of questions on Facebook, this morning asked, 'What’s a small act of kindness you were once shown that you’ll never forget?' I immediately thought of a time when Paul and I were in San Francisco, where he was rehearsing a show, and we were driving home and around 11 p.m., we got a flat tire. I'd never changed a tire before, but thought I knew how to do it, only when I got the car cranked up, it fell off the jack and there was nothing I could do...and the car was tilted, so we couldn't get in the car.

A car drove by and saw us trying to flag down help (there was NO highway patrol in the area at the time). The car got off at the next offramp and came back and picked us up. I was so incredibly nervous getting into a stranger's car, but didn't seem to have a choice.

The guy drove us to the next restaurant and asked if I had any money...I didn't...so he gave me money to buy Paul dinner and then drove off, refusing to leave me his name. His car didn't have a license so I couldn't check him out.

Every time I do something for a stranger I think about that guy and how he made our night.

_________________________________ _____________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



8511

No comments:

Post a Comment

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...