Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Sunday breakfast

We didn't have eggs very often when I was growing up.  We had cereal (cold or hot), pancakes, or French toast.  Eggs were "special" and we had a bacon and egg breakfast every Sunday after Mass.  (My friend's mother cooked sausage, which I loved, but my mother never made sausage, so I tried to spend nights with Madelyn so I could have sausages for breakfast!)

In addition to eggs (usually scrambled), we had English muffins, the only day we ever had English muffins.  They were cooked in the broiler and my job was to break them apart and butter them before putting in the broiler.  Now we have English muffins (and eggs!) more often, but the muffins are cooked in the toaster and buttered after they are toasted.

They never taste the same as the broiled English muffins of my childhood tasted.

My mother told me she loved biscuits and pork gravy when she was growing up and I had her make it for me.  I loved it...and she never made it for me again.

_________________________________ _____________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



8512

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...