Sunday, January 14, 2024

Send me some mail

 I did a lot of mail writing today.

I sent out (so far) two letters and ten post cards.  I had SwapBot cards that needed  to be written, and I've started sending cards for Postcrossing again.  I have so many post cards that it's nice to have a place to share them all.  Then I sent my weekly five letters to seniors in Letters Against Isolation.  

It's strange.  Letters Against Isolation go to seniors who are in nursing homes or living independently and getting Meals on Wheels.  The organization has a monthly newsletter showing photos people writing letters...they are usually school kids who write and decorate letters. Some groups send up to 200 letters a week. 


But the idea is to get as many seniors as possible some sort of contact with the world and I often wonder, as I write letters, how many of the people who will receive them are younger than I am!  Heck, I sure know how happy it makes me to receive a letter, so why not write to one of these seniors.

You aren't starting a pen pal situation. In fact, you don't even send your actual name and definitely not your address.  You are just writing something that you think a senior will be happy to receive.  I usually talk about either Bubba or about the squirrels, who are always a good topic for a short funny letter.

* * * * *

The final lost puzzle piece hasn't shown up and both Ned and I keep looking at the rug under the puzzle table hoping to find it.  I finally told him that we have to admit the piece is lost and probably Paul and/or David aren't going to "find" it for us and we should give up and start a new puzzle.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


8502

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...