Friday, January 12, 2024

Sunday Stealing - Pinterest


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


Stolen from Pinterest




1. Your favorite part of the day
Lunch time, because I take a 1 hour+ nap after eating something.

2. Something you know a lot about.
Judy Garland, The Lamplighters Music Theater, grief

3. An important person in your life.
My son Ned, who takes care of Walt and me, the house, and cooking meals.  We'd be lost without him.

4. Your favorite recipe
Just having come through Christmas, I'll say my favorite recipe is something called "Goodness Sake Cookies," which is a recipe my mother brought home from a party when I was a kid.  I made them every year at Christmas, and I was an adult before I learned that they are really Mexican wedding cookies.

5. An event that turned out differently than planned
I expected a big crowd for Christmas, which included Walt's 2 siblings and their spouses, Tom's wife and her father.  But the siblings didn't come and Tom's father-in-law was feeling poorly after their Christmas celebration, so it was just the four of us, Jeri, Tom and the granddaughters, which was a fine group, just different than expected.  Also I expected to end the day with pumpkin pie, but forgot to add sugar to the pumpkin.  Yuck.

6. How you procrastinate
surf the Internet, watch TV, or work a puzzle.

7. The best type of surprise
Something pleasant that doesn't make me embarrassed.

8. Music that helps you relax
I don't usually listen to music to help me relax.

9. A thing your life has in excess
Stickers, washi and post cards.











10. A book you want to read.
I want to finish Barbra Streisand's autobiography

11. A person you’re always happy to see.
My BFF, Char, who lives ~100 miles away and as we age and have difficulty driving it's more difficult to see her.

12. What  time do you go to sleep?
That's assuming I GO to sleep.  Many nights I don't, but I always start trying somewhere between 10 and 11.

13. A word to describe the past year.
Calm

15. One thing you’d like to see
Wild animals, live, in Africa.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


Visiting the decorated house of
movie critic Derrick Bang,
Christmas eve

8500  

7 comments:

  1. Bummer about the pumpkin pie! Sounds like something I would do. lol Such a fun post. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy Garland! I was in a production of the play Boys In The Band back in 1975, and there's a musical cue for her version of Get Happy. I used to watch her CBS show and specials in the 1960s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't get your big crowd for Christmas, but perhaps that was actually a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An African safari would be amazing! Did you cut everyone a piece of pie and then discover you forgot the sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mm, yeah, I know too much about grief too, but I try to keep that part locked up and just enjoy the good memories. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wasn't pumpkin pie, but I forgot an important ingredient in one of our Christmas dishes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs PM naps after eating lunch too. I tend only to do that if the weather is very warm - and that only usually happens abroad.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...