Saturday, January 27, 2024

Sunday Stealing



 Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.



Stolen from Pinterest




1. What are your plans for February?
We'll have mac & cheese on the 4th, for David's birthday.  Walt will send chocolate to all the kids and their spouses for Valentine's day (and maybe Ned will pick up heart shaped pizzas for dinner).  I turn 81 on the 17th, Walt turns 84 on the 26th.  

2. Did you ever have or go to sleepovers as a kid?
Frequently!


3. Which books would you pick for a book binge?
Either the Outlander books, or the Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben.

4. What features do you love most about your home?
My office.  It's small and messy, but it's all mine.

5. How often do you try something new?
My first opinion is "not very often," but I've been watching YouTube videos this week about how to decorate 3x5 cards and having a great time making little envelopes out of them.

6. What type of sushi is your favorite?
I love anything with tuna.  We will be having sushi for dinner tomorrow and we always order something called "Lincoln Hills Roll," spicy tuna, shrimp tempura with avocado, topped with crab mix, tempura crunch, spicy mayo, terriyaki sauce.

7. Do you prefer to relax or go on adventures during vacation?
Definitely relax (Walt prefers to go on adventures)

8. Which colors look best on you?
Red--the bluish color, not the orange color.  I also wear a lot of blue.

9. Do you like brunch?
Love it!

10. Do you get stage fright?
Very definitely.

11. Which podcasts do you like at the moment?
I am enjoying Anderson Cooper's season 2 podcast about grief.  I also listen to reruns of "Says You" (the radio show), Kelly Ripa's "Let's Talk Off Camera," Inside Jeopardy, and "Naked Lunch."

12. One thing that immediately makes your day better
Waking up to the smell of brewing coffee.

13. Which family members are you closest to?
Walt and Ned, of course, who both live here.  Jeri and I also keep in close  touch, though she is in Boston, by text messages and phone calls.  I was very close to my mother and to two of my cousins, but they are all dead now.

14. Something you practice often
I can't think of anything I practice, unless writing this blog and lots and lots of letters can be called practicing writing.

15. Are you a light sleeper or a deep sleeper?
Oh lord...so very, very light!  If I get 3 hours of sleep in a row, that's a full night of sleep!
_________________________________ _____________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



8515

5 comments:

  1. I should check out Anderson Cooper's podcast. I'm going to two Death Cafes this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do. It's wonderful. Particularly check out his conversation with Stephen Colbert, which was I think the very first of the podcasts.

      Delete
  2. I think people do need to practice writing. I do it every day too (though I didn't mention it). I also go for a 3 to 4 mile walk every day.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early birthday to you! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy early birthday! How wonderful to celebrate another year around the sun.

    ReplyDelete

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...