Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Mail

I certainly can't complain about mail today:  I got 2 birthday cards, 6 postcards and 8 letters! Two of the postcards were through Postcrossing, so I guess things are now going well with that.  Letters that came from new people came through InCoWriMo or other on-line sites I signed up for.  Several new people to get acquainted with.  

I'm also trying to learn how to make ATCs (Artist Trading Cards -- my first attempt is at the left).  

I joined a Facebook group and watched several videos on YouTube.  YouTube videos drive me crazy. You want to learn how to put together an ATC.  The video is half an hour long and in the first 10 minutes all you see is someone holding a white card and talking about what an ATC is and doing NOTHING about making one.  And each step of the creative process takes another long stretch of holding something and talking about it,  but doing nothing with it.  Every single one of the "how to" videos I've watched (and skimmed through), from ATCs to journals to anything else take 30-40 minutes and could easily be done in 10 minutes and still get the same information across.

The other videos I hate are where the person making the craft doesn't really know what she's doing.  It's like filming me trying to decide what I want to do and trying this and that and discarding things.  Decide what you're going to show people and put it together, don't spend such a long time testing things that you aren't going to use.

Maybe I'm just extra grumpy now that I'm 81.

__________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


Who knew Bubba liked bananas?


8537 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mothers Day

What a wonderful Mothers Day.  Tom sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers ("photo of the day") and Walt brought me a dozen red ros...