Friday, February 2, 2024

Sunday Stealing

 


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.



Stolen from Compassion, Int'l.





1. What three words best describe you?
Fat, compassionate, funny

2. What makes you unique?
I have a lot of pen pals and a huge collection of stickers

3. Who is someone important in your life?
I've answered this several times...my son, who lives here, with his wife.  He has taken over doing the housework and cooking and he takes care of Walt and me.

4. What is something that always makes you laugh?
The squirrels outside my family room that I can watch while sitting in my recliner.

5. Who is someone who can always cheer you up?
Our dog, Bubba, who is so funny.  I just love watching him.

6. When was a time you were really proud of yourself?
I arranged for a celebration of an actress who was retiring.  I made three cakes for  the audience, each with a figure of her in one of her best known costumes.  I don't think she ever knew I had made them, but I stood off to the side and watched the praise she was given and felt so very good that I made it happen.

7. What is something that is difficult for you?
These days a lot of things, given that I'm not as mobile as I used to be.  But something that has been difficult for me for all my life is math.

8. What three places would you love to travel to?
* Somewhere in Africa where I could see the wild animals.
* The inland passage to Alaska
* Iceland

9. What is a fun memory you have with your best friend?
In about 1992, we had 9 children between us.  After watching us make pumpkin pies for a couple of years, tossing a pie into each other's face, the kids demanded they get a chance, so we made 9 little pies put all the kids on the lawn and let them throw pies at each other (the youngest was 9 mos old).  One of my favorite memories (and I learned pumpkin does not wash out of grass)

10. If you could have dessert for breakfast, what would you eat?
Creme brulee or cheesecake.  Or pumpkin pie, which I always eat for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas.

11. If you published a book or wrote a movie, what would it be about?
I did write a book...two of them...about the history of The Lamplighters Musical Theater in San Francisco.


12.
Which is easier, math or English?
Definitely English.

13.What three things make you the happiest?
* Seeing the granddaughters
* Watching the closeness between the dog and Walt
* Pen pal letters!

14. What is an event in your life that has shaped who you are today?
Volunteering to help with the first Lamplighter history.  It changed my life in so many different ways.

15. Which is more important, being kind or being honest?
Being kind.

___________________________ _____________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

cookies for the mailman (for "thank your mailman" day)
and a card I made to go along with them.


8522

6 comments:

  1. The inland passage to Alaska and Iceland. I've done both of them and they are both worth it. Alaska is amazing and the landscape in Iceland makes you think you are on a different planet in places.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did NOT know that pumpkin doesn't wash out in the grass. Then again, I never tried...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know that pumpkin doesn't wash out of grass -- oops! I bet that was a funny sight - all of those kids throwing pumpkin pies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pie is nice for breakfast. I had forgotten that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pumpkin fight sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pumpkin smash up sounds like lots of fun! Can I come over for breakfast dessert. I love both of those things.

    ReplyDelete

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...