Monday, February 12, 2024

The Super Bowl

 Well, the 49ers aren't Super Bowl champions, but I have to admit that yesterday was fun.  I got dressed in my 49er-Peanuts shirt, Ned made clam dip, I made something with brie and pastry, and we were ready for the game.

Everybody in the family was on the game, and texting -- the Davis family, Walt's brother and his wife, all the family in Santa Barbara (it was also Walt's sister's birthday), and Jeri & Phil in Boston.  What was especially fun is that Lacie, now 12, got a cell phone for Christmas, so she was texting us video of Tom at various points in the game.

The Chiefs won about how the 49ers got into the game--in the last 3 seconds.  And it was disappointing, but I felt that people who paid $100,000 for a ticket (and apparently some did!...I think I read the cheapest seats were $600) at least got to see a good game.

Best was the story Jeri told us about how their experience went:

Last night we were watching the game at our friend’s house and with about one minute left to go, the TV service went out and the game was gone.

But the Internet was still working, and we were FaceTime timing with my friend’s brother in Ireland, and the brother could still see the game.

So he called it for us, one play at a time. It was like old time radio, in an Irishman’s voice.

Very strange way to end the evening. And we didn’t get to see Taylor Swift celebrate. That’s probably for the best.  

So I'll be throwing away the "Go Niners" address labels I made an have been using for the last few weeks.  Maybe I'll have more printed next season.

Go Niners anyway.

__________________________ __________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

At a 49er touchdown


8530

No comments:

Post a Comment

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...