Monday, February 26, 2024

Walt's birthday

Ned made Walt's birthday as special as mine, fixing eggs Benedict for breakfast, getting hot and sour soup and a tofu dish for lunch, and a sous vide roast for dinner. . Since Walt doesn't like cake, I made him a lemon meringue pie.  Ned had leftover egg whites from the eggs Benedict, so I used double the egg whites for the meringue and I finally had a lemon meringue pie that looks like all the pictures you see in magazines.

Ned and Marta gave me two books and Walt gave me one book for my birthday.  I gave Walt 2 books and Ned and Marta gave him one for his birthday!

For me it was a banner day.  I received eight letters and a package.  It's the first time I've received a pen pal letter from someone who works at UC Davis.

It was Monday night, so Jon Stewart's night on The Daily Show.  He ended his segment with telling a "story" that had me sobbing by the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ_A2BKCNDs

I filmed it and sent the last part of it to Jeri, thinking that the whole thing was too long to send as a text, but then found it on YouTube this morning.

__________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY





8542

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mothers Day

What a wonderful Mothers Day.  Tom sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers ("photo of the day") and Walt brought me a dozen red ros...