Sunday, February 18, 2024

Turning 81

What a perfect birthday it was!  The day started with Ned baking croissants for breakfast.  I spent the morning writing and working on journals.  For lunch, Ned made egg salad sandwiches (one of my favorites) and when I went to eat mine, he pointed out I had gifts.  There were three books from my Amazon wish list, 2 from Ned and Marta and one from Walt.


After lunch, I went back to writing and journaling.  Ned came in with a package that had just been delivered.  It was a gift from Jeri.


(I guess now there is an easy way to find a gift for me...a new puzzle!)

Walt went to the store and came home with a dozen red roses.  I had about 150 or more birthday wishes on Facebook.

 Jeri called and we chatted for a bit and then Tom and Lacie called on facetime.

I was disappointed that Brianna wasn't in on the call, but then she texted me, so I got to hear from her too.

Before dinner, Ned handed me another birthday gift, which turned out to be crab utensils because he served crab for dinner.  It was one of, if not "the" biggest crabs I've ever had


During dinner instead of watching Family Feud, we watched Singing in the Rain. Then after dinner, there was cheesecake.


After cheesecake, I finally watched Oppenheimer, which may have been the low point in the day, but at least I got to see it (and not quite sure what all the fuss is about!)

I had a good sleep and got 4 on Wordle before falling back asleep again.  All in all, being 81 so far has been decidedly pleasant!
__________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY




8535 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday. You're the same age as my father-in-law (he's actually a little older than you).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...