Saturday, February 17, 2024

Sunday Stealing - Music

 


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.



Stolen from Pinterest 



Name a song that...

1. You enjoy, in another language.
"Non, je ne regrette rien" by Edith Piaf

2. Recently introduced you to a new singer
I hear there's a singer named Taylor Swift I should listen to.

3. You listen to to energize
"Thank God You're Doing fine" by Lawsuit

4. Is your favorite song from a musical.
Oh so many!  But I love "For Good" from Wicked and how could I forget Over the Rainbow.

5. Reminds you of an old love
My first boyfriend and I laughed that Harry Belafonte's "Mama look-a BooBoo" was our song.  We felt it was about my father.

6. Make you think of one of your children
"Funny" makes me think of my sons David and Paul

7. Makes you smile when you hear it.
John Denver's "Grandma's Feather Bed."

8. You love but is quite unknown
"Bottles of Chance"

9. That annoys you.
Any hard rock.

10. That your parents used to listen to.
"If I didn't care" by the Ink Spots

11. From your early years of childhood
In grammar school, we had to bring in a record of our favorite song.  I brought Bing Crosby's 'Don't Fence Me In"

12. That has a color in the title.
Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polkadot Bikini

13. That needs to be played loud.
There was a time, before I was married, when I would come home from work, lie in front of the stereo and play Judy Garland's "Stormy Weather" full blast.

14. That is perfect for a road trip.
Copacabana or this one

15. That reminds you of yourself.
The song I want played at my funeral:  Save Me a Seat by Steve Schalchlin, but really  "For Good" from Wicked

__________________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


The interesting thing about this picture is
there is not a single bike in it!
(but Walt's office is on the right, at the end of the block)

8534

6 comments:

  1. My father really loved Belafone,, and I played that song in the past week! The ink Spots were great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care for Taylor Swift's songs, have never listened to one all the way through. But I have learned enough about her gifts to charity and such that I really do respect her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure about Taylor Swift. I honestly can't name a song she has sung, nor do I think I've ever heard one of her songs. Apparently she is so famous that people are inventing conspiracy theories about her now.

    Hard rock is wonderful (though prog is better).

    Never mind. And strangely I have heard of a lot of the music you mentioned (I guess that's an age thing though).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the sarcasm and I'm with you on Taylor Swift. Not a fan.
    Copacabana is good choice for traveling. It's another song I enjoy too. First time I heard it was on a SCUBA diving trip to the Florida Keys. That's a happy memory.
    Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went on a trip with a guy from Brasil and we all sang "Copacabana" over and over again. Usually if walt and I listen to music on a trip, it's a CD of songs from Broadway shows.

      Delete
  5. You really should listen to some Taylor Swift. I actually know a lot more Taylor Swift songs than I realized.

    ReplyDelete

Mothers Day

What a wonderful Mothers Day.  Tom sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers ("photo of the day") and Walt brought me a dozen red ros...