Saturday, February 10, 2024

Sunday Stealing

 


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.



Stolen from Compassion, Int'l.





1. What is a big dream you have for the future?
A Democratic victory in November.

2. What are your favorite hobbies?
Pen Pals, journals, collages, puzzles

3. If you could change the world, what would you do?
Oh Lord...so many opportunities.  I want everyone to have water, some sort of bathroom, some place to sleep, enough food.  I want war to be impossible. and I want Trump to be convicted.

4. What places have you traveled to?  What was your favorite?
We've visited 40 states and 24 countries.  I don't know that I have a favorite, but I love London, my favorite cruise was to Russia.

5. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Durian.  (shudder!)

6. What are your favorite places to eat?
Any place that serves Dungeness crab!  There's a great place called The Dead Fish about half an hour from here that I love, though we almost never go there.

7. What kind of music do you like?  Talk about a favorite artist or songs.
I guess my favorite these days are show tunes.  But as for a favorite artist today it would have to be Steve Schalchlin, who now performs in New York, but who became a friend after his musical The Last Session was produced.

8. What was the last book you read?
"Saving Sadie," by 
Joal Derse Dauer

9. If you could meet a character from a book, who would it be?
Lassie

10. Do you prefer books or movies?  Why?
Books.  The story is better and fuller.  Movies often ruin the book (e.g., The Prince of Tides, which Barbra Streisand completely changed from the book, which I loved).

11. What is something you used to be scared of, but aren’t any more?
When I was a kid, I was terrified of getting polio, but then they invented a vaccine.

12. What is something you were never afraid of, but are now?
Riding on the freeway.

13. What item is your most cherished possession?  Why?


This is "Delicate Pooh," which we gave our daughter (now 58) on her second birthday.  It has gone through all five kids as a beloved figure and when the dog ate his face, Jeri fixed it.  He can't sit up by himself any more so lives in a big jar in the living room.

14. What awards or contests have you won?

15. Do you like working jigsaw puzzles?
LOVE them.  Ned and I always have a puzzle going.  We are finishing this one today.



___________________________ _____________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Wonderful dinner last night with
Jeri D. and Liam


8528

7 comments:

  1. Fast roads with crazy drivers don't thrill me either! I love the bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bear and his (or her?) story! Lassie would be a very cool character to meet. I didn't even think of a dog - great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your big dream. Wish I'd thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you haven't gone, I recommen the Museum of Broadway on 45th St in Manhattan. I went there with my daughter earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time since I've been in NY, and I probably won't go again, but I'd love to see the Museum.

      Delete
  5. #1: YES! #13: I love that he's in the living room, as an honored member of the family should be.

    ReplyDelete

Mothers Day

What a wonderful Mothers Day.  Tom sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers ("photo of the day") and Walt brought me a dozen red ros...