Sunday, February 4, 2024

David's day

 David's birthday today.  He would be 52, but he is forever 24 in my mind.  I can't even imagine him in his 50s...or Paul either.  

Paul's birthday was the 29th of January and we had sushi for dinner, as we do every year, since it was such a favorite of his.  David's favorite was Kraft dinner, so we will be having that for dinner tonight, along with some chicken.  

After David died, Paul was determined that he wouldn't be forgotten.  He talked about my sister, who was 24 when she died.  He said we never talked about her and he was determined that we would continue to talk about David so he wouldn't get forgotten.  Of course then Paul went and died himself, and it's difficult to live life without talking about both Paul and David.  I don't know how much Brianna and Lacie know about them, but I just wrote a letter to Brianna telling her about David and I will probably write a letter to Lacie telling her about Paul.

# # # # #

I went through a file box today and discovered an incredible amount of "stuff" that I can use for journals...also a lot of stationery and a surprising number of sheets of stickers (just what I need).  I don't ever have to buy ... pretty much anything ... ever again!

I also wrote my weekly letters through Letters Against Isolation, sending to seniors who are in nursing homes or getting meals on wheels.  Every time I write my 4 letters a week, I always wonder how many receiving them will be younger than I am. 

__________________________ _____________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY




8524

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mothers Day

What a wonderful Mothers Day.  Tom sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers ("photo of the day") and Walt brought me a dozen red ros...