Monday, November 27, 2023

Christmas Trees

 

Laurel posted this picture of the tree guys loading Tom's family tree into his truck

They live in a 2 story house with an open living room, so their tree can be as tall as two stories of the house.  I remember seeing the picture last year.

Laurel pointed out, in the photo of the day, that it took two ladders to decorate it.

Brianna texted that she thinks it's their biggest tree yet and that it smells great too.

Oh, how I remember the smell of Christmas trees. The last few years that we bought real trees before we got our artificial tree, it was a disappointment because while  the tree looked beautiful, it just didn't fill the house with the aroma that I remember so strongly from my childhood.  I thought I was buying the kind of tree noted for its small, but it never happened.  Or it could be that with my aging smelling ability, I just didn't smell it.

But now we have an artificial tree (when it gets put up) which won't smell, but will be a nice way to display all the special ornaments we have.  We haven't had glass balls in years because we started having so many personal ornaments. The tree starts with all the monuments to our dead loved ones, like the dog Seymour's tennis ball and several dog collars. There is also a black leather jacket ornament for David, who loved to wear his black leather jacket.  The only ornament I could find has "bitch" written in pink across the back, but it is black leather.  For Paul I have a smiley face necklace that he gave me...dozens of smiley faces.  I was going to bury that with him, but decided not to and then later decided it made a nice decoration for the Christmas tree.

The first special ornaments that always get hung are the 7 dwarfs from Snow White that my friend Kathleen made for me many\ years ago.  We lost Dopey so there are only 6 dwarfs now.  There are musical ornaments and 49er ornaments, and various animal ornaments, a ballet ornament and I can't remember the others, until we start putting them on the tree.  But each year as we decorate, it's a whole evening of memories, which are always very special.

_______________________________________________________________________________


 PHOTO OF THE DAY



8462 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...