Thursday, November 16, 2023

Saturday 9

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer questions, however, and here are today's questions!

Saturday 9: Last Train to Clarksville (1966)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.



1) When did you most recently take a train?
Probably 2009 on our mother/daughter trip to France/Italy.  I remember taking the train from Paris to the south of France.

2) The lyrics promise "coffee-flavored kisses and a bit of conversation." Have you more recently had coffee, a kiss, or a chat?
Coffee!  Now that I have a Zojirushi cup, it keeps my coffee hot from when I first pour it around 7 or 8 a.m. until I finish it sometime after noon.

3) The record opens with a guitar riff inspired by The Beatles' "Day Tripper." Can you play guitar?
Nope.  That's for my kids.

4) The lead vocals are performed by Micky Dolenz. He is the only surviving member of the Monkees. Without looking it up, can you name his bandmates?
Nope!

5) The Monkees starred in an award-winning sitcom for two seasons. In Season 2, Micky surprised fans by appearing with a curly perm. Do you curl, straighten or color your hair?
No.  I have naturally wavy hair which is curly when cut short.  I don't color my hair--I figure I earned the salt and pepper.

6) Micky also did a stint at WCBS radio in New York. He spun the oldies every morning and helped his listeners get ready for work. Do you turn on the radio or TV when you first wake up?
Definitely.  I often wake up at 3 and turn on Morning Joe and fall back asleep while watching it and then a couple of hours later, I change the station to NBC so I can watch Today but usually fall back asleep before it comes on and wake up sometime after 7:30/

7) Micky's daughter, Ami, followed her father into show business, appearing in several movies and a recurring role in General Hospital. If you followed your father into his profession, what would you have done for a living
Good lord...working the mail on the train from San Francisco to Los Angeles.  He did that for 30+ years before they took the mail off the trains.

8) In 1966, when this song topped the charts, miniskirts took the fashion world by storm. What have you recently added to your wardrobe?
A t-shirt that I will wear at Christmas if it fits, but I haven't tried it on yet.

9) Random question -- You order chicken noodle soup and a packet of saltines arrives with the bowl. Do you: 1) break the crackers into pieces and stir them into your soup or 2) squeeze them in your hand and sprinkle the crumbles into your soup or 3) leave them untouched?
Break them into pieces.

 _________________________________________________________________________________

 PHOTO OF THE DAY


Lacie gets her new karate belt

8452  

4 comments:

  1. #7 -- My every-morning commuter train used to make a scheduled stop but didn't allow anyone to get on/get off. It was just for handling mail. Without announcement or fanfare, they stopped doing it after 9/11. So much changed then I didn't give it much thought ... until I saw your answer this morning. I guess they suddenly stopped handling mail that way for security reasons and never resumed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I am the only one that does not have real access to a train. I love trains too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only time I was on a train was when I was in Spain/France. I have never been on one in the US.

    ReplyDelete

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...